I felt a little better about this month! I read more than last month, which was nice. I think overall I enjoyed my books more, too. Let’s jump right in to what I read this month!
- Harmony by Addison Jane ★★★★
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller ★★★★★
- Second Star by JM Sullivan ★★★
- The Girl’s Weekend by Jody Gehrman ★★★
- We Are Blood and Thunder by Kesia Lupo ★★★
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson ★★★★★
- Chasing Starlight by Teri Bailey Black ★★★
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen ★★★
- Human Errors by Nathan H Lents ★★★
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish ★★★★
- Buried Deep by Margot Hunt ★★★★
- My Lost Family by Danny Ben-Moshe ★★★
I had two favorite books this month – The Shadows Between Us and A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder! They were my only 5 star reads and so totally different. The Shadows Between Us is a fantasy about two bad people falling in love and being bad together. It was great. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder’s inspiration came from true crime podcasts and it totally had that feel!
My least favorite book was probably Second Star or Lock and Key. Second Star was a sci-fi Peter Pan retelling and I just didn’t really connect with anyone. Lock and Key was like a day-to-day in the life of a teenager and it just wasn’t very enticing to me.
- Goodreads Goal: 21/165. I’m 5 books behind schedule now, which is one more than last month. However, I read more so I think if I can keep up the pace I can get back on track!
- I read 3204 pages, almost double last month! I also listened to 12 hours, 45 minutes, which is only two hours less than last month. My average rating was 3.5.
- I read 1 erotica, 2 fantasy, 1 historical fiction, 3 mystery, 3 nonfic, 1 romance and 1 sci-fi.
- I read 6 YA, 4 adult, and 1 new adult! I read 6 ARCs this month which was way better than last month.
Yearly Goals Check In
I didn’t think about doing this last month, so we will start here!
- Monthly goal of 15 books a month – I read 12, 3 more than last month. I’m slowly getting there!
- TBR Goal – I’ve kept up my TBR posts and even did a bonus post! I want to read 20 books off my tbr. I think I am at 3. I probably need to pick up the pace on that. I also want to get my TBR below 1800. I’m at 1904 so we’re getting there!
- Words & Whimsy – I’ve done one author chat so far this year and I’m already scheduled for a couple more! It was so fun and I remembered why I loved it so much!
- Book Battle – I used a lot of arcs that have been released as recs this month so that was great! I think I only missed two days of my discussion this month so that’s better!
- My Blog – I wanted to do more blog tours and I think I have 3 coming in March! I wanted to up my follower count to over 150. I’m already at 151 in two months! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! As of right now, I’m not going to up this. I”m just going to see where this year takes me. I also wanted to post at least every other day. Earlier this month I missed a few days, but I’ve been going good these last couple of weeks!
- I wanted to keep up with my Owlcrate reading planner. That lasted all of a week. However, I have kept up with 3 book log spreadsheets, so I say that’s still a win! I also thought about getting back into bookstagram, but that’s on the back burner for now. I’m doing good just to keep up with what I got!
How many books did you read this month? What was your favorite and least favorite? How are you on your goodreads goal? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time…