Yall, this was NOT my month. I said I wanted to read 15 books a month. Well. I only got to 9. I was in a super huge slump for a majority of the month and I’m not sure why.
Anyway, I’ll tell you what books I read, my monthly stats, and how my Goodreads goal is looking!
- Grey by EL James – 3 stars. Not my favorite. Took me almost a week to read.
- The Center of the Universe by Ria Voros – 3.5 stars. Much better than Grey, but not my favorite book of the month.
- Don’t Read the Comments by Eric Smith – 5 stars. Favorite book of the month and maybe top 5 of the year?! Yes, it was THAT GOOD.
- Idol Thoughts by JS Lee – 4 stars. Cute, fun reverse harem featuring a K-Pop group. Great slump buster!
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher – 4 stars. Had some great twists. The middle of the book had me so surprised.
- I’m a Therapist and My Patient is Going to be the Next School Shooter by Dr. Harper – 3.5 stars. I thought these were real stories. They were not. Ending got kind of weird.
- Call Me God by Jim Clemente – 4 stars. Great book about the DC Sniper and how the FBI profiled them.
- Evil Has a Name by Paul Holes – 4 stars. Great follow up to I’ll Be Gone in the Dark about the Golden State Killer.
- Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen – 4 Stars. It made me want to take up being an at-home detective! But really, he is doing great work.
Now for some stats!
First off, my Goodreads goal. 9/165. I’m 4 books behind schedule. I already have a plan for next month and I’m hoping to hit it!
I read 1697 pages and did 14 hours, 32 minutes of listening! My average rating was 3.88 stars.
I read three nonfic, two contemporary, two erotica, one horror, and one thriller. There were seven adult books and two YA. I only read one ARC this month. One of my books was #ownvoices!
What does your monthly wrap up look like? Did you read any of these books! Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time…