Well, now that I’ve adjusted to the new normal, I’ll be going back to work full time next week! I’m sure this will put a damper on my reading, and I have a HUGE TBR for May. I just could not decide!
April has been my best reading month with 12 books. I’m hoping to keep up and may up the count next month! I’m shooting for 10 a month, and anything over is great!
My favorite book this month was probably Girls with Razor Hearts by Suzanne Young. Crave by Tracy Wolff was a very close second! My least favorite book was Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn. I mean, I knew it was bad going into it, but I had to see what all of the fuss was about. Believe me. I saw.
I had a much better reading month in April. My ratings were a lot higher than March, which I was happy about. I read a lot of great books this month!
- Girls with Razor Hearts by Suzanne Young 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- We Didn’t Ask for This by Adi Alsaid 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Ghosted in LA by Sina Grace 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Crave by Tracy Wolff 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Open Fire by Amber Lough 🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Deny Me by Karen Cole 🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Red Hood by Elana K Arnold 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️.5
- The Burning by Laura Bates 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Shredded by Tracy Wolff 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Hot Pterodactyl Boyfriend by Alan Cumyn 🌦️
- What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter 🌦️🌦️🌦️🌦️
- Jane’s Team by Janie Marie 🌦️🌦️🌦️
🌦️ Stats 🌦️
- Goodreads Goal: 41/120. I am two books AHEAD OF SCHEDULE! WHAT?! This is the first time all year I’ve been ahead of schedule and I am so excited!
- I read 4427 pages, which is the most all year! I feel really great about this month. I am so proud of myself! My average rating was 3.71, which is also better than last month!
- For genres, I read three contemporary and fantasy, two romance, one sci fi, thriller, and historical fiction and graphic novel.
- This was a YA heavy month, with 10 YA books, one new adult and adult.
- I read 9 ARCs this month – two more than last month! My tbr for May is very ARC heavy, so I’m hoping to keep making a dent in this pile I have! I am so very grateful and honored to have such an ARC heavy TBR pile!
🌦️ Yearly Goals Check In 🌦️
- Goal of 10 books a month : I exceeded this goal with 12! It feels so good! Hoping to exceed it next month too.
- TBR Posts : Still doing a post every Sunday, still only read 4 from it, haha. I am doing good slimming it down though! Under 1800!
- Words & Whimsy : I had the pleasure of talking to Tracy Wolff this month! It was a blast! She is so sweet and down to earth. We have 7 chats (I think?) scheduled for May. I can’t wait to see who I’ll get to talk to! We have some big names this month – Christopher Paolini and then a joint chat with Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman! You don’t want to miss it! Join us here!
- Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge : Our first month was a hit! May’s theme is Broken Worlds – aka space! We have open, interpretive criteria and fun group chats! Join here!
- Mithah Reads : This month was hard blog wise. I’ve been working part time basically, but my three year old is NOT wanting to let me blog! And honestly, he wears me out so I’m going to bed a lot earlier! Hopefully once I’m back working full time in May I can get back into my blogging routine! I’ve got three blog tours next month and reviews from April to catch up on!
- I’m still keeping up with my three blogging spreadsheets which I am very excited about. I love seeing all the data they track!
How many books did you read in April? What was your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time…